File a Water Use Report –

Welcome to the OWRB’s new website! Please update your bookmarks.
The OWRB mails water use reporting forms to permit holders annually in January. The forms must be completed and returned to the OWRB within the specified time period. Willful failure to complete and return the reporting forms with the annual water right administration fee may be considered by the OWRB as nonuse of water under the permit. Timely filing of water use forms and administrative fees will help ensure that a water right is official and on file with the OWRB. Additionally, for temporary groundwater basin permits, submittal of the completed form and fee payment will revalidate the permit for another year. For stream water right holders, the water use report forms reflect actual usage as compared to the appropriation amounts, and no reported use within the seven-year sliding scale or applicable schedule of use may be cause for reduction or cancellation of the water right.
Please note: Sections B, C, and D on your water use reporting form are VOLUNTARY.
You will not lose your water right if you choose not to complete Sections B, C, or D.

Section A (Water Use Calculations/Summary): This section pertains to the table on the water use reporting form that asks for water used in gallons or acre-feet. Irrigation permit holders who track annual water use using calculations in 1a, 1b, or 1c are asked to show their calculations to assist OWRB staff in verifying reported use. If the permit holder uses a different method, this section can be left blank.
Sections B (Self-Supplied Water), C (Crops Grown), and D (Animals Raised): The United States Geological Survey requested additional water use information to synchronize the data collected by the OWRB and make it compatible with information from other states. While optional, this information is an important resource for many organizations, farmers, ranchers, municipalities, rural water districts, and state agencies for managing, utilizing, planning, conserving, and protecting Oklahoma’s water resources. Your cooperation would be appreciated.
OWRB Pay Portal
Questions or comments

Oklahoma Water Resources Board
3800 North Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Phone 405-530-8800
Fax 405-530-8900

Subscribe today so you don’t miss important updates!
Copyright ©State of Oklahoma


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top